- 4/6 people
- Prep. Time
- 30 min
- 1 (1-pound) panettone, paper removed
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Using a knife, remove the top from the panettone. Cut the bottom of the panettone in half crosswise. Cut each half into 4 equal pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, and sugar until smooth. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle. Working in batches, dip slices of panettone into the custard, turning to allow both sides to absorb the custard. Cook the soaked panettone slices until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the French toast to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and panettone slices.
- Transfer the French toast to plates. Drizzle maple syrup over the French toast and place a dollop of mascarpone on top. Lightly dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries.