- 8 people
- Prep. Time
- 60 min
- 300g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 roasted artichokes in oil (160g when drained), roughly chopped
- 400g spinach leaves, washed
- Large handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 450g ricotta, drained
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 6 large eggs
- Make the pastry. Mix the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and 150ml warm water and mix to a smooth dough. Knead for 5 min on a floured surface, until soft and stretchy. Cover with saran wrap and set aside for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 8 min, stirring occasionally. Stir in the artichokes and toss for a few min. Pile on the spinach and wilt over a gentle heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the filling mixture in a food processor with the parsley, cheeses and 3 eggs. Season well, pulse and set aside.
- Cut off two-thirds of the pastry and roll out on a floured surface to a 38cm circle. Use to line the base and sides of a deep 23-24cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Spoon in the filling. Smooth, make 2 deep indents and crack in 2 eggs. Roll out the remaining pastry to a 23-24cm circle and lay on top. Twist the edges to seal. Beat the remaining egg, brush over the pastry and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 30-35 min, until golden. Slice and serve.